Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Tamiya 1/35 M1A2 Abrams Tank


For this build I am reviewing the Tamiya 1/35 M1A2 Abrams tank purchased from Hobby-On.com. I am mainly an aircraft builder and do not get to build many tanks. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy the build was. With building tanks you spend less time on the color scheme and more time on the weathering. 


I used a method of pre-shading and post-shading. With pre-shading, I used dark colors on all the cracks protruding lines. After that I sprayed various shades in the cracks and in the middle of surfaces to diffuse the colors. Before and after decals I applied the decals. Next came a panel wash of Raw Umber oils. To diffuse the decals I sprayed light coats over parts of the decals then dullcote overall. 










1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

 

Buy now $126.21

About Us