Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Featured Posts

Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Tamiya 1/32 p-51 part 1

It has been a while since I have last posted but here to make up for lost time.
Tamiya P-51D Mustang
Baracudacals placards
HGW Seat Belts

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Tamiya 1/32 F4U Corsair "in progress"

 Cockpit ready to go. Used BarracudaCals for the stencils. HGW fabrics make up the seatbelts.

Engine is stock. Added wiring by using solder wire.

Tamiya 1/48 F-16C "Aggressor"

This was a very fun build. I have built one of the 1/48 Tamiya F-16s before and was pretty impressed. Finding paints for this project was a challenge. I went with an enamel for the dark blue Aggressor blue FS-35109 and Life Color for the FS-35450 Air superiority blue. FS36270 was achieved with a set of Tamiya paints that I had lying around. Decals were a bit troublesome and I may have needed to make sure the surface was more glossy before applying. For some decals I tried out a mix of water and Future to use as a decal solution. I will play around with this later as it performed quite well. Now that I have the paints I may try doing this again with an F-15.

Next on the bench is the Tamiya 1/32 F4U Corsair.

Monday, November 16, 2015

Academy 1/35 Tiger I early model

Covers were dented using glue and pressure with other objects.

Friday, October 24, 2014

Great Wall Hobby 1/48 P-61A Black Widow

Highly detailed kit. Very fun to build. I wish more kits came with this much detail.

For this build I built Great Wall Hobby's Northrop p-61A "Black Widow." The kit came with several detail additions. My original plan was to purchase the Revel kit with several photo etch and resin details. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the stock Great Wall Hobby without the need for any add-ons. The build went smoothly but the kit is definitely for expert modelers only.

The funnest part of the whole build was the weathering. I chose to do a modified hair spray technique. I painted the model Alclad first. After that I protected it with Future Floor Polish. I then sprayed most of the plane with hair spray. After that set I painted the plane with acrylic flat black paint. Once the paint dried I sprayed the plane with water. I then let the water soak in. Next was the scraping. I used a toothpick to chip paint in exposed areas from front to back. This worked alright but I wanted to create a worn out look. I thinned some Testor's acrylic paint cleaner and grabbed a stiff brush. I worked that solution into the high traffic areas. It would then gradually remove some of the paint showing the Alclad below. This created a rubbed off effect. After that I created a grey wash for the panel lines.  Last was to spray on the exhaust streaks.



Buy now $126.21

About Us